At Venango Catholic High School, our Mission Statement is not merely a list of goals – it is a way of life. We are truly committed to these statements and the mission set forth in them.
We the Venango Catholic High School will:
- Provide our students with a strong spiritual foundation on which to build their lives rooted in the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Holy Catholic Church.
- Champion superior standards of academic excellence.
- Challenge our community to view their spiritual growth and intellectual development as a lifelong endeavor of seeking wisdom and knowledge.
- Stress to our community the value of self-discipline, personal responsibility, and the obligation we have to respect each other as children of God and to treat each other accordingly.
- Offer a diverse curriculum, to the best of our ability, to meet the individual needs of our students and provide for their social and physical development through extracurricular activities based upon their individual talents.
- Encourage the active participation of our families and friends in our efforts to promote the spiritual and intellectual growth of our students, recognizing that our own personal example and teaching within our families is the most effective way to pass on our love of God, and that Venango Catholic is a tool in this effort.
- Accept all students who agree to live by our rules and respect our community.
"Knowledge is a natural desire in all people. But knowledge for its own sake is useless unless you fear God. An unlearned peasant, whose contentment is the service of God, is far better than the learned and the clever, whose pride in their knowledge leads them to neglect their souls while fixing their attention on the stars."
The Imitation of Christ, Book 1, Chapter 2:1
As a Catholic high school in the Diocese of Erie, we the Venango Catholic High School Community believe there is more to education than facts, formulas, and problem-solving.
We believe we have an obligation to impart to the students entrusted to us a clear understanding of what is right and wrong based upon a belief in a loving God and grounded in the teachings of the greatest teacher of all, Our Savior, Jesus Christ.
We believe it is our responsibility to assist our families, friends, teachers, and staff to develop the spiritual faith and intellectual skills they need to meet the challenges of our world.